The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dancing Lesson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ilgnuit Valenti III

Ilgnuit Valenti III

Character sheet
Full Name: Iignuit Valenti
Wed to: Synaria

The Dancing Lesson Empty
PostSubject: The Dancing Lesson   The Dancing Lesson Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Ilgnuit's head popped out of his book with a glance to the servant. His love of the written word seemed to start at a very young age. "Your mother, Her Majesty Danele Valenti, wanted me to tell you it's time for your lessons." Lottie smiled softly as she waited for the Prince to prepare himself. The young boy stood to his feet and set the rather large tome to the side. "What are you reading this time?" The emerald orbs collided into one another as he brought his eyes to meet hers. "I was continuing the story of Princess Amalfia and her knight Tepes. Do you remember where we left off?" Lottie nodded eagerly and followed the prince with a little bounce in her step. "Oh yes. You were telling me about the evil King that was taking an interest in the poor Princess." Ilg nodded and smiled. "Very good memory." They pushed past the large doors and into the ballroom. "I like your stories Your Highness. Perhaps I will be able to read them myself one day." "Perhaps I'll teach you."

The dance master stood to the side with his dancing partner. A sour frown formed on the twelve year old's face. "You must be joking. I don't want to dance with him..." The young noble had proven himself to be less than graceful on many occasions, often leading to Ilg's sore toes. Danele looked on with the shake of her head. "Ilgnuit. You will just have to practice with Master Goswells and little Eilich." Ilg groaned dramatically and threw his head back. "Why can't you dance with me? Or Lottie?" Lottie's head remained stuffed into a dirty fireplace scrubbing away at the blackened walls with her stiff brush, making it rather impossible to hear the Prince's request. "Ilgnuit..." The young prince sighed and looked over to Eilich. "Well let's get this started. Heavens knows that my toes are aching to be crushed." The young noble boy took his position with a bite given to his lower lip. "Forgive me Your Highness. I'm not used to following." Ilgnuit huffed lightly. "Maybe you should get used to it." A sharp look from Danele cooled his tongue from uttering any further remarks. Master Goswells pulled a flute from his bag and began to play the simple dance melody as Mereavus came to join the Queen to watch the routine.

Eilich's steps fell akwardly to the tune, while Ilgnuit's flowed flawlessly. Some people were just born with inherent rythm. During a turn, Eilich's heavy boots trod straight over Ilg's crushing his toes for what would be the final time. Grabbing the noble by the scruff of his neck, Ilg pushed him away roughly. "Learn your steps or I'll have you hung." Danele rose to her full height giving him a motherly look and a gentle rebuke. "How can you expect to have the loyalty of an entire kingdom, when you cannot even treat a mere boy, who is in awe of your royalty, with respect?" Ilgnuit sighed and corrected himself. "Forgive me Mother. My toes are tired of being stepped upon." He turned and bowed to Eichlich and smiled. "Sorry there good chap. Perhaps I should dance with a lady instead? Might be good for both of us." He helped to brush the boy off and swung to face his mother and her advisor. "Dance with me?"
Back to top Go down

The Dancing Lesson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Nharati :: IC :: The Repository :: Nharati History :: N1 History and Background-
Jump to: