The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Belated Farewell...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roselyn

Roselyn

Character sheet
Full Name: Roselyn Alexandra Valenti
Wed to: Drysllthen Valenti

A Belated Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: A Belated Farewell...   A Belated Farewell... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:02 pm

[Written to Mereavus, on Samuel's first night away - before he arrived at his family's home. Delivered on slightly crumpled parchment from a young courier.]

My dear Eave,

I write this letter by firelight, and I wish to apologize for having to leave so very early this morning. I would've liked to at least bid you farewell in a more appropriate sense, but I know how long it takes to get to my destination and with the strange happenings in the forest of late, I'm in no rush to hurry off to any possible doom. Still, I can't help but keep my eyes open in hopes that I'll have something of promise to report to Christoph.

This is not the time to "talk shop", though. The reason for my writing is simply to tell you how very much I love you. I know how my family is, and I doubt that I'll be given much opportunity to write once I arrive tomorrow. I imagine that my days will be full of hunting, and rustic meals, and trying to assist my brother Micheal as best I can with his wife's condition. You and I both know the weight of losing a spouse; I'm certain any reassurance that I can offer to him will do more good than bad.

For now, though, I'll spend my night in this forest and wish you were here to enjoy its peace with me. It's really quite lovely out here, and a bit of firelight may do us both some good. At the very least, I wish you were here so that I may touch your hair, or smell your skin, or kiss you before we drift off to sleep.

I've set myself to return within the month. When next I see my family, you will be at my side. I'm going to extend an invitation for them to return with me, or at the least, very shortly after. I would be so very proud to introduce them to the love of my life.

And I do love you. Very much. I'll be back before you know it. In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the company of our Kingdom's visitors - who knows. By the time I return, you may have very well taken over any number of countries. I jest, my love. Though it would be an interesting turn, wouldn't it?

Take care of yourself, Eave. I'll be home before you know it.

All my love,

Samuel
Back to top Go down

A Belated Farewell...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Nharati :: IC :: The Repository :: Nharati History :: N1 Letters-
Jump to: