The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feast of Ghosts

Go down 
5 posters

Which weekend works better?
Feb 5-7
Feast of Ghosts I_vote_lcap17%Feast of Ghosts I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Feb 12-14
Feast of Ghosts I_vote_lcap83%Feast of Ghosts I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Full Name:
Wed to:

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am

In Nharati, the Feast of Ghosts is the final event in a week-long celebration of those that have passed. During this week, the veil between worlds grows thin, culminating in the feast where the ghosts can very nearly indulge in the world they knew before death and interact more freely. (More info: Here) During this week, all characters will see ghosts, and we will update this thread more on details of what the ghosts can do.

All players are invited to play ghosts during this week and should post their ghost characters on this thread.

We are debating which weekend to do this, either the weekend of Feb 6 or of Feb 13. Please let us know which weekend will work better for you, and if there is one that you absolutely cannot make it, we need to know that. (Yes, we realize the second one is Valentine's Day, but we probably won't do it on Sunday..unless there is popular demand)

Vote for your preference!
Back to top Go down
https://nharati.forumotion.net
Sykes

Sykes

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I work on the 13th (playing a wedding reception) so I'll likely be gone from about 4pm-2am that Saturday, give or take some time. But as for the rest of it, I'm good for that weekend.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Full Name:
Wed to:

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 am

Players may begin to introduce their ghosts starting now, and the main feast celebrating the thinness of the veil will be on February 12.

About the ghosts
  • Their main interaction with the living world is through speech either verbal or mental. Ghosts may also bestow visions on the living.

• They manifest in a form that is not entirely solid, and they may appear as they did at any point in their life.

• They cannot directly interact with objects for their body passes through them. (Yes, ghosts can go through walls.)

• Their touch is typically cold and unsettling to the living.

• Ghosts are tend to be particularly interested in pregnant women for they show two lives within them. A ghost's touch within the abdomen of a pregnant woman can cause her to violently miscarry because the second life is fragile.

About ghost abilities
  • Possession - During this time, a ghost may possess an individual so that they may better indulge in the delights they are now denied. Possession required a great deal of effort and energy on the part of the ghost, and the target must assent in some fashion. If the target resists, possession will fail. Because of this ghosts typically only attempt possession of family members or those with which they have built a bond.

While possessed, the target may be fully aware of what is happening, but he will have no ability to effect his behavior. The target will simply be able to observe and possibly recall. (Or they can completely check out. It's up to the players.)

Ghosts can attempt possession on one target only, and players must notify management first.

• Compulsion - Unlike possession, compulsion is more of a vicarious thrill on the ghost's part, simply forcing someone to do as they wish without directly feeling it. It takes somewhat less energy than possession and lasts a shorter period of time. Characters can resist compulsion, both the general sensation of it and individual acts; its success is based on the strength of the ghost versus the mental strength of the character. (If there are disputes as to whether the character could resist, bring it to management.)

With compulsion, the target may be unaware that someone else is guiding their actions, especially if the ghost is skillful. Compulsion can last some time without the target realizing until the ghost pushes them to do something against their nature.

Ghosts can attempt compulsion on one target only, and players should notify management first.

• Ghosts can either attempt compulsion or possession, but not both.

Additional notes
  • Ghosts of previous player characters should only be brought in by their players.
  • Many ghosts will not attempt either compulsion or possession but will simply interact.
  • Traditionally, if the individual possessed or compelled does something worthy of punishment, they will still face that punishment so that it cannot be used as an excuse. Keep in mind, there may be consequences even if your character wasn't 'in control'.
  • Post your ghost ideas up here so we know what you're playing
  • Have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://nharati.forumotion.net
Garnett

Garnett

Character sheet
Full Name: Garnett Farquhar Valenti
Wed to: none - widowed

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:39 pm

I'll be playing the ghost of Emersyn von Pith. For those of you who don't know of the character, she was Wyldrigrenkledrysllthen's longtime mistress, as well as a close friend of the Queen and Mereavus in N1.

Her original desc (will probably have to edit it for the ghost!)

Olive tints to her skin heralded a family moved into Nharati from the south generations past. Age had streaked her coal black hair with silver, and life had lined her face, although for all that she still retained a regal countenance. Pride seeped through her carriage and her clothing, always the finest fabrics in dark hues tailored to her impressive frame. Tall for a woman of her time, there was little about her that lent itself to the slightness or delicacy of mind and body so desirable in noble ladies. Though unfit for power because of her sex, a keen mind and a thirst for it had led her to marry a weak man whose memory she'd remained loyalto even after his death, and now her son held Pith under the formidable gaze of the Lady Emersyn von Pith.

-------------------

Also, CeCe suggested that someone might want to play Gerlinde (Drysllthen's first wife), so if anyone is interested in playing her ghost, talk to me as I do have the character fairly sorted .. but I don't want to play her so she can interact with Drysllthen and Saeryll.

Keep in mind that ghosts can be from any point in Nharati's past. If you have suggestions but don't want to play it, post those up here too!
Back to top Go down
William

William

Character sheet
Full Name: William Archer Vorserkeine-Alexston
Wed to: Cordelia Alexston

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 am

Shock, horror, Mer will make her ghostly-ass return. Good lawd.
Back to top Go down
Mythomania

Character sheet
Full Name: Arela Farquahar
Wed to: Widowed

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm a bit late but I am playing a ghost!

He's going to be a little boy of about seven or so. I don't quite have a name for him yet. He was the bastard child of a servant and a Lord some time ago in some place that isn't too important to note, meaning it doesn't matter. <3 The lord, in an effort to keep his reputation ended up killing the boy by drowning him. I should have the alt tonight and get some fancy sort of desc written up for him. xD

I think that's all? xD

I can add more, of course!
Back to top Go down
Garnett

Garnett

Character sheet
Full Name: Garnett Farquhar Valenti
Wed to: none - widowed

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Alright, my lovelies, due to general dedness and illness, we've rescheduled the Feast RP to tomorrow.

We will try for a couple different RP scenarios throughout the day tomorrow, hopefully a small reception sort of RP as well as the feast itself. We might do something beyond that if folks are up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feast of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feast of Ghosts   Feast of Ghosts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feast of Ghosts
Page 1 of 1