The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

With all my love

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garnett

Garnett

Character sheet
Full Name: Garnett Farquhar Valenti
Wed to: none - widowed

With all my love Empty
PostSubject: With all my love   With all my love Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 am

(A thread for the correspondence between Uhtred and Garnett during his absence.)

After a restless and brief bout of sleep, Garnett woke with a start, her mind still swarming with the image of Uhtred's terrifying helm, formless fear gripping her like a fever. The strange servant she had met the night before lingered in the depths of her terror, her stomach tightening any time her thoughts wandered to him .. and they did often.

An idea took her, and no others would suffice until she'd followed through on it, the princess collecting paper and quill like a mad woman. Furiously, she wrote, only to ball up the paper and throw it into the fire .. several attempts made at a letter to her husband, the shaking of her hand marring her writing. Eventually, she managed one that she hoped would satisfy, wondering as she read it if it was too blunt, but her foggy mind would allow for few subtleties.

Beloved,

I had not intended to write you so soon after your departure, but troubling thoughts grip my mind. How I miss you already and wish for your insight on a small matter!

Have you given a servant instructions to look after me specifically? A strange fellow came to me claiming he was your groomsman, though I don't see why you wouldn't have taken him too if that is the case. Nevertheless, I do not recognize him from the stables and have set the guards to look into him.

I cannot help but think that you would have told me, my love, if you had arranged such a thing. It makes me uneasy to hear it from lips other than your own, though perhaps it is the lack of your lips that makes me worry.

May your victory be quick and you find your way home to my arms again soon. My heart rides with you.

With all my love,

Garnett

A dribble of wax sealed the letter, and she had the messenger brought to her, giving him certain instructions that he was only to deliver this to the Crown Prince himself or the serving woman that was with him. Exhorting him to ride quickly, she hoped that he would catch the force quickly .. they couldn't be too far out yet. Hopefully a few days would find her with an answer.
Back to top Go down
Uhtred

Uhtred

Character sheet
Full Name: Uhtred
Wed to: Garnett Jade Alexandrite Farquhar

With all my love Empty
PostSubject: My sweet angel,   With all my love Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Your letter brings me more joy than I feel capable of expressing. The long march has left me missing you with a painful fury.

Concerning the servant, I must first apologize for not including you in the loop. The fact of the matter is that the idea did not occur to me until I was arranging the herd beasts for transport, so informing you simply did not occur to me thereafter. Yet there was another reason behind it all as well.

To answer your question, I did indeed employ Ys, my trusted and valuable servant, to your discretion. He not what he appears. He had spent a long time as a groomsman for my warhorse, but he is in reality a person who does the sort of thing that one does not speak openly of. He is a valued resource, and has been my insurance policy for a long time.

I am sorry to have openly deceived you, but I did not want to appear as though I thought you untrustworthy during my absence. His job would be much easier to do with as few persons in the loop as possible. So I ask that you please keep this information a precious secret.

Understand that there is no person's safety with which I am more concerned for... especially if there is a son in our future. Yes, I hope it is a son. Forgive my indulgance. I love you, and I will spirit myself home as soon as this nasty business is over.

-Uhtred
Back to top Go down
http://torr-ture.deviantart.com
Garnett

Garnett

Character sheet
Full Name: Garnett Farquhar Valenti
Wed to: none - widowed

With all my love Empty
PostSubject: Re: With all my love   With all my love Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 am

My dearest,

It does my heart good to receive your letter, my love, and I fear I will wear the page out with the reading. How I long for this to be done, that I might have you with me again.

Your absence, it seems, has made me more wary than perhaps I should be. I must confess that Ys came to me on the night of your departure and alarmed me in such a way that I felt it to my core. I feel rather foolish now, but in my worry for myself and for our family, I went to Raij regarding Ys before I received your letter. He set guards about me, and Sir Dun to head my security .. and I placed a guard to trail your man.

I apologize, my dearest, that I failed to keep what should have been a secret, for I know it makes it near impossible for Ys to do his duty, but I tell you truly that he fills me with the greatest unease. Perhaps it would have been better had I not known at all, and I cannot hold such a deception against you. I am not that foolish, and I know you hold my safety in the highest regard.

But not all is news of my foolishness .. It seems we have reason to hope that a son grows within me in earnest, for while the signs are not fully clear yet, one has occurred that fills me with confidence. Perhaps by the time of my next letter, I shall know with certainty, though it seems I can feel the quiver of life beginning in my belly which I hope is more than wishes.

My letter has already gotten long, although I feel that I could write for pages and not tell you all that I wish. I will close with news of our family: Raij and Synaria's marriage occurred finally without further delay, which I know relieved her greatly. Thankfully, there is a sort of fragile peace between all of us now which I hope will grow. In darker news, however, your sister Evangilene has been found guilty of treason and attempted murder. The King, in his mercy, has confined her to a far tower for the rest of her life.

I fear this is an unpleasant letter, and I wish it were otherwise. My heart aches for you, beloved, and my dearest wish is that God speed your victory and your return home. I pray daily for you and hold you in my heart at all times. Words are pale compared to my love for you, but I can only hope you already know the depths of my devotion to you.

With all my love,

Garnett
Back to top Go down
Uhtred

Uhtred

Character sheet
Full Name: Uhtred
Wed to: Garnett Jade Alexandrite Farquhar

With all my love Empty
PostSubject: My darling songbird,   With all my love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

It is unfortunate to hear that you have gone to my dear brother concerning Ys, but I cannot say that it was a mistake on your part. Raij is overseeing the family and so it was right for you to go to him. It is my error in not telling you about him sooner that has created these circumstances, and I am sorry for that.

Understand, however, that it is absolutely necessary for Ys to be left out of the Raij equation henceforth. If he dispatches guards to follow the man, or in any way makes a concerted effort to undermine his cover, Ys is fully authorized to take whatever measures necessary to react as he deems fit. In short, lives could be lost out of simple error.

I am saddened by the news of Evangilene's guilt. You and I had always suspected her of these things, and I had always tried to shield her from my father. Perhaps it was a mistake to do so. I can only pray that she finds peace with herself, as she never found it with us.

But I cannot be too sad, for the thought of a child swells my heartless chest with pride. Can you imagine it, my love? A babe of our very own to hold in our arms. A completion of our family. An heir to our newly bolstered name. Perhaps a man that will grow strong and proud, who will lead men and know the joys that life can spring upon a man without him even knowing it. Perhaps he will bear my name? It is a good, strong name, one that could resonate through the ages. Not in my lifetime, certainly. But perhaps his.

My dear I am always with you in spirit if not in body. This conflict that we now press ourselves in is a righteous thing, a struggle for unity and progress in the country I love dearly. But it is nothing when I think of you. I will win this city for you, my love, and when I do we will know peace again.

-Uhtred
Back to top Go down
http://torr-ture.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

With all my love Empty
PostSubject: Re: With all my love   With all my love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

With all my love
Page 1 of 1