The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
William

William

Character sheet
Full Name: William Archer Vorserkeine-Alexston
Wed to: Cordelia Alexston

To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature Empty
PostSubject: To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature   To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 am

My dear Lady Alexston,

I sat down to write a letter to Lady Cordelia Ysdale. I thought to myself, 'I'll see how the blonde creature is'. And so, I did. My handwriting was spot on. I made a terribly good show of not blotting the wax seal. I even used the best stamp sealer.

And then, then, I present it to my courier, with aplomb, and request it be delivered to this Cordelia Ysdale-Blondecreature. He looks briefly constipated. I ask him if he's quite comfortable with his digestive movements. He stammers. I say, 'Damnitall, man, don't ruin my carpet!'. Then, the insidious, clever little sniperat informs me that there is no such person as Cordelia Ysdale.

Now, you can imagine, that's rather an overdramatic thing to say to one. 'Has she perished?' I ask myself. 'Has there been some horrid accident? Has some malicious force befallen her? Has that bloated nitwit of a guardian gone and done something unforgivable to her?' And just as I began to swear Hell's fury down on whatever nasty little gnat had caused something dreadful to happen to my golden-haired niece;

I am told she is married.

And not just married, mind you, I'm told that she is now Lady Alexston. Which set my curious mind to twittering; which Alexston? The eldest, or the youngest? And where does this Lady Alexston reside? Where precisely?

And most importantly, why was I not invited to the damnable and no doubt agonisingly expensive wedding, when the little starshine-peddler knows full well I love agonisingly expensive affairs?

So. I demand you come to your senses and at least see your poor, forgotten, antique aunt whilst she has business in Valys in the next few months.

I shall be terribly put out with you if you don't.

He'd better be devilishly handsome.

- Saskia
Back to top Go down
Garnett

Garnett

Character sheet
Full Name: Garnett Farquhar Valenti
Wed to: none - widowed

To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature   To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Dearest Aunt Saskia,

I had begun to believe it was you who had perished as I sent a letter inviting you to my wedding for it was my most especial wish that you attend. However, I received no response, which I thought quite odd given your love of such lavish affairs.

Alas, as you have not abandoned me, I shall hear nothing of simply visits while you are in Valys. You shall come stay at Alexston, and you may argue all you wish, but it will be a fruitless venture for you shall reside comfortably with us.

You see, dear sweet Aunt, I am not simply a Lady Alexston, I am the Lady Alexston and it is my home ..or perhaps my second home, for William also holds the grand estate in Sarmagh. We must remain in Valys, however, for he is one of the King's closest advisors.

And yes, he is devilishly handsome which is a boon for it would be a dreadful thing for such a connected and wealthy man to be hideous and snaggletoothed. I suspect you might even approve of him, although I do know well that such high regard is terribly difficult to obtain.

Send word of when you will be arriving, dear Aunt, and we shall have several quarters prepared for you so you may select those that suit you best.

Your loving niece,

Lady Cordelia Alexston
Back to top Go down

To Cordelia Alexston-Blondecreature
Page 1 of 1