The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Letter to Uhtred Valenti

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danele - inactive

Danele - inactive

Character sheet
Full Name: Danele Alexandra Kayden Valenti
Wed to: Wyldrigrenkledrysllthen Valenti

A Letter to Uhtred Valenti Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to Uhtred Valenti   A Letter to Uhtred Valenti Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am

A sealed letter is delivered to Prince Uhtred Valenti by a servant. The wax seal with holds the parchment closed is imprinted with the mark of the Queen, herself.

Dearest Uhtred,
Before you throw this letter into the fire, I beg that you take the time to read it first. I have no right to ask such, I know, considering recent events. However, if you would grant this one boon, I am hoping you will not dissapointed.
First of all, I would like to offer my most sincere apology. My actions of late have been less that what they should be. I offer no excuses, other than a temper than seemed to get the better of me. My apology also extends to Garnett. She has become dear to my heart, and these events have placed her directly in the middle of us. That is not fair to her, nor you, especially considering the impending birth of your child.
Whether you wish to believe it or not, I have always had great care for you. Even as a child, I saw a great strength in you that was very reminscent of your Father. Now, I watch you as an adult, and the love that you have for your wife is heartening. Too often, that is not the case when it comes to marriages arranged for a kingdom's sake. Yet, your eyes brighten when she enters the area, your manner is tender when caring for her, and your concern is always evident. She adores you just as much in return. I could not have desired a better union for you both.
As for your hatred for me, I know you feel it justified. I will not go into a longwinded speel of how it may be wrong. I will just ask you to look beyond what you think you know. Notice things about the situation that you may have missed. Above all, remember that blood will always show when it comes to family. You may wonder what I refer to when I speak that? You and Raij, both, have your father's chin, his expressions, his surly manner. Seeing the portrait of your mother, I see you possess the shape of her mouth, the arch of her brow, the paleness of her skin. Your sister possesses the same qualities. My darling Nefertise possesses the slant of my eyes, the shape of my nose. Look in front of you, dear Uhtred. The answers to your long thought questions may be more simple than you realize.
I will not bore you any longer with trivial points, and such. However, I do want to emphasize my dee- sorrow over the events of late. You have my oath that I will stay back from you, and excercise only decorum. In the future, I pray that your hatred for me wans. However, if it does not, know that you were always considered as much my son as if you had been borne from my own body.

Sincerely,
Danele
Back to top Go down

A Letter to Uhtred Valenti
Page 1 of 1