The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Letter to Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saeryll

Saeryll

Character sheet
Full Name: Christiana Maelyss
Wed to:

A Letter to Home Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to Home   A Letter to Home Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:40 pm

The out lined form of Eilella could be seen just vaguely by the last light of the night's candle. Soft scribbling emitted from in front of her; a quill scratching elegant script on a piece of parchement. A cross look was on her face, a stark contrast by the pleasent smile she generally bore. When done, the young woman reread her letter.

Dear Momma,
How I have missed you all so much! My journey here was pleasent; I find it wonderous relaxation from the general bustle of all my nieces and nephews. Upon getting to the castle, I was greeted very warmly. I really hate to admit it but it was much more nice than what I had originally anticipated.
I was initially greeted by the Crown Prince's lovely bride, the princess Garnett. Such kindness! I'm afraid I became very shy, as you have seen before, but I'm very elated to report I have become a Lady in Waiting.
I have very much enjoyed my days here, besides the fact I miss everyone terribly. And during a quiet hour to myself oneday, I met a maid. Now before you 'tut' to yourself as you do, I was able to help out in ways. A certain cat she takes care of had kittens. Poor souls; some of them had very poor prospects. I adopted two of them. One is a dear, lovely thing; she is white but deaf. Nevertheless I love her dearly and have took to calling her Mirabella, for she is just gorgeous! Learning Italian helped me greatly. The other is her brother with such interesting brown markings. I believe Osanna (the maid) called him a 'turtle shell'. Anyhow, he is a very andventurous sort and loves being first at everything so I named him Alpha. They are so cute!
Oh Mamma, just thinking of Father plagues me. Has he been getting better from his problem? I hate to dwell on the prospects that I am here and you both are there, for the most part, alone and he is left there to relapse. Oh how I hate he ever learned of gambling! Have the finances become more stable? Oh what he has put you through! But I do love Father dearly still. Will you be all right? Do write soon, I can hardly contain myself waiting to get your response.

Your loving daughter,
Ella

The next morning, the young woman donned a heavy cloak and ran out early to catch the mail carrier. The yellow parchment bore the seal of the Blacke family. Eilella watched the man ride off, ducking back into the building as his form disappeared.
Back to top Go down

A Letter to Home
Page 1 of 1