The Kingdom of Nharati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Nharati

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Letter to Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roselyn

Roselyn

Character sheet
Full Name: Roselyn Alexandra Valenti
Wed to: Drysllthen Valenti

A Letter to Home Empty
PostSubject: A Letter to Home   A Letter to Home Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 am

It had not been terribly long after Christoph's proposal that she'd written home, sparing only a small amount of time to find a courier worthy of a prompt delivery to her family, who did not live far away.

Dear Father,
As I write this, the sun is barely breaking over the horizon and I've found myself smiling in such a way that I've never smiled before. Perhaps you'll be able to look past your biases and see to my bliss, rather than frown upon the fact that I've found love in a man of a lower station than my own. His station matters not to me. He has my heart, he is my home, and without him I'm afraid that I'd be very lost.
Christoph Valvogt, the steward to the Valentis, has asked me to marry him. I understand that I should have awaited your consent, but I couldn't. I knew what would happen if he and I were to simply request your approval, and while I know that I've done you a great dishonor in accepting his proposal without so much as a word to you, you must understand. I fear your opinion to be ill of him without any regard for the fact that the man truly makes me happy. In spite of his flaws, in spite of his status, even in spite of the wishes of my family, I love him.
Mother told me precisely how she felt about the arrangement. I've done nothing but bend to your wishes for my entire life. Don't think for a moment that I am not grateful for everything you've given me. Without you, I'd not find myself with the honor of playing in Nharati's royal halls. But if you please, your daughter would greatly appreciate this one exusal that, while mother claimed it was against my best interests, I've found I cannot have any other way. I've already devoted myself to Christoph. Please understand, Father.
All I ask is for your blessing, and perhaps your attendance to the ceremony if you can find it within yourselves to forgive me. I would love for nothing more than to see you there.
With love,
Lawtait

A missive returned some several days later, delivered promptly into the hands of the bard herself.

Lawtait,
I apologize for your lack in good judgment, for that I suppose we can only blame ourselves. You were correct to assume that you've done a disservice to your family. Your mother is in tears, and I feel naught but disappointment in you. You've gone deliberately against our wishes, and for that, I can no longer call you 'daughter'. Were it not for the letter I received from the King shortly after hearing of your betrothal, I'd not likely even be returning your correspondence.
Enclosed is a writing for your dowry. I hope that it is sufficient enough for you and your plebeian husband that you should not require anything else from us for as long as you two should live. Do not trouble me with another reply unless you've come to your senses in this matter.
You've now abandoned everything which you've worked so diligently for. Foolish child. Do not look for us at the ceremony, and seek no further blessing from me, for your search will be in vain.
Farewell,
Cedric Delarien
Back to top Go down

A Letter to Home
Page 1 of 1